What is a corporate image or brand?
The image of manufacturing is not only attached to what we make and sell, it is linked emotionally and personally to visual placements in the marketplace. Brand identity represents the promise that manufacturers make to the communities in which they operate—it is what attracts customers and employees. And, the image of the sector affects workforce development, retention and training efforts in the Great Lakes region.
The links below can serve as a resource to help you and/or your members' branding efforts. We share this with you since the GLMC advocates for the enhancement of the image of manufacturing in the Great Lakes Region—together and one company at a time.
Rebranding the Great Lakes Region is a long process and could take as long as 10 years. Let's start now.
Resources to help you enhance your corporate image:
- Marketing for Manufacturing (Tips and Studies)
- Harvard Business Review—Can Marketing and Manufacturing Coexist?
- REVE News—What Comes First, Marketing or Manufacturing?
- THEFABRICATOR.COM—Strategic Marketing for Manufacturers
- Business - Manufacturing: Practical Tools, Services and Advice
- Crain's Cleveland Business
- World of Manufacturing
- BusinessKnowledgeSource.com—Marketing and Sales Info Articles
- Marketing Productivity Blog
- Leading With Content—Manufacturing B2B Examples in Social Media
If you would like to join the Image Work Group's list as well as for further information e-mail us.