MSSC Announces Open Application Season for National Experts Panels
With authorized assessment sites in 44 states, the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council MSSC is the premier national certifying body for frontline manufacturing and logistics work and is in a key position to help address the skills gap. In order to maintain a high level of excellence, they rely on teams of subject matter experts to review and update our certification systems on a regular basis.
MSSC maintains a Certification Scheme Committee (CSC) which is made up of two National Experts Panels (NEPs) for Manufacturing and Logistics. They are currently accepting applications for both panels until September 30th.
The CSC is responsible for establishing and maintaining MSSC's certification policies and procedures for the Certified Production Technician (CPT) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT). The NEPs are also responsible for reviewing and maintaining the standards and assessments for each program.
Panel members will be announced this fall. And all new members will receive an NEP Welcome Package which includes:
- Welcome letter and gift from CSC Chair
- Premium bound copy of the most recent edition of the respective standards
- Business cards for networking purposes
- VIP Invitation to the annual reception and dinner with the MSSC Board and Leadership Council
Additional benefits to membership include:
- Opportunity to network with peers in your industry
- Option to be a guest blogger and/or be featured in the MSSC newsletter
- Listing on the MSSC website as a national expert
- Stipends for certain activities
MSSC primarily seeks subject matter experts currently employed within the industry, but also welcomes representatives from all stakeholder communities including instructors and CPT and CLT full-certification holders.
To view the requirements and qualifications for NEP Membership, click here.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to complete the application form. If you would like to nominate someone to serve as a subject matter expert, please send their name and contact information to Tina Driessen at email@example.com.